Florence is one of the most romantic destinations on Earth. It is perfect for someone looking to spend a memorable holiday with a loved one. You will both cherish this visit for a lifetime. Or perhaps, you’re looking for some great proposal ideas. Here is our list of the Most Romantic Things to do in Florence:
1. Attend a concert, exhibit, or festival at the Stazione Leopolda, Florence’s first train station which has now become an outdoor event center.
2. Picnic at the Parco delle Cascine after visiting the local market (open Sunday and Tuesday mornings)
3. Spend an evening at the Libreria Café La Cite, where nightly events include everything from artist exhibitions to Tango nights.
4. Spend a day bike riding from Florence to the Tuscan countryside, and past romantic olive groves, vineyards, medieval castles and hillside villas. The ride can be done with a tour group, which includes a wine tasting at the end of the day. Or rent bikes separately to make the same trip.
5. Attend a mid-afternoon wine and cheese tasting in a Florentine wine bar, where you will try the finest Tuscan wines and learn about the culinary history of the region.
6. Buy a lock and key then take a walk to the Ponte Vecchio bridge where you will find locks linked together across the structure. Make a wish with your loved one, link your lock to the others, and toss the key over the bridge. This tradition is common among the Italian youth.
7. Watch the sun set over Florence from the Piazzale Michelangelo.
8. Go out to dinner and a show; Visit any of Florence’s delicious restaurants by the city center, and then head to the Teatro della Pergola for to see a play or an opera.
9. Visit the Bardini Gardens. Gorgeous and intimate gardens, once you have made the ascent to the top, you’ll be rewarded with breathtaking views of Florence’s skyline as well as the hills of Tuscany.
Share with us your secret romantic things to do in Florence.