Bolzano City Guide
Bolzano Travel Tips
- Bolzano’s bilingual nature is a big part of the city’s identity, but it’s rooted in ethnic tensions. Try to stay neutral on the subject of German vs. Italian when engaging the locals.
- Bolzano is a very safe city, but you should try to avoid the area around the central train station at night, which becomes a haven for drug dealers and other unsavory individuals.
- Biking is a great way to explore the city. Rent a bicycle at the tourist office or the open-air stall near the train station.
Top Bolzano Attractions
Traditional Cuisine of Bolzano
- Speck: salt-cured, smoked ham from the pig’s shoulder
- Canederli: hearty dumplings in a savory broth
- Stinco di maiale: tender roasted pork shank